[gameprogrammer] Re: Need MAJOR help!!!

  • From: joshua jones <joshuaj314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

 I have another question. What do i need to take the drawings that i have and
animate them? Oh and what libraries should i find and add to my collection?

Olof Bjarnason <olof.bjarnason@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:another simple first-try is
"aim and shoot" with the mouse... really
simple but still involves some graphics / sound / interaction. . was
my first :)

On 9/11/05, Sharu wrote:

> I suggest you start with a simple 2d game like PING
> PONG..
> There is not much coding involved and u wil also get a
> feel of how to move objs around and do some fairly
> easy hit detection..Then u can move into creating
> something like Mario coz tats a bit more advanced.
>

> --- joshua jones wrote:
>
> > Im a total newbie to game programming...well pretty
> > much to programming with C++, and I have all of the
> > books and Im getting good at it, so now its on to
> > the next step, the problem is I dont know what the
> > next step is. So I need to know what exactly I
> > need(and where to get it) for making 2d games, like
> > Mario Brothers, and fighters like Street
> > Fighter...Any help is appreciated.

> > protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! for Good
 Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert