[gameprogrammer] Re: My game is in open beta

  • From: Roger D Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:32:46 -0400

Bob Pendleton escribió:
On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 12:07 -0700, Kevin Jenkins wrote:
The game I've been working on the last 9 months, Galactic Melee, is in open beta now. It's possibly the first Indy MMOG out there, certainly the first I know about. I'm planning to write a post-mortem after all of this is done.

Hate to burst your bubble, but at the Austing GDC a few years ago there
was a panel discussion on the subject of indie MMOGs. There were 7 or 8
people on the panel, all running indie MMOGs. Some had been at it for
many years. Some of them were actually making a living at it.
From my own experience, I can mention Eternal Lands, they have some paid content. Also Planeshift, which is totally free and open source.

--
http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programación, juegos
Have no place I can be since I found Serenity

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com