[gameprogrammer] Re: My game is in open beta

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:48:07 -0700

Might be good to post these kind of problems in the game forum. It should be up now anyway.

BTW, to keep this on-topic, the patch server code is the same as I use in RakNet, as is the server browser. These are mostly independent modules. If other need this for your own game feel free to use it, as RakNet is open source and free in most cases.

I'll have to update the latest build of RakNet to reflect the recent fixes in these systems.

cat street wrote:
i cant connect to the patch server~~

2007/7/25, Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>>:

    The person I hired to do the port didn't work out.  After the money
    spent on him was lost, there was no money or time left over to work
    on it.

    Jake Briggs wrote:
     > I can't believe I am gonna say this, but, why no linux client?
     >
     > Honest question, does cross platform development just put enough
    extra
     > strain on resource's as to make it not worth it for smaller
    developers?