[gameprogrammer] Re: Grumble gripe... my class was canceled.

  • From: "Chris Nystrom" <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:11:19 -0500

On 9/1/06, Peter M. <plm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bob Pendleton wrote: > Now it could be that my class sucks and the word of mouth about it has > made people refuse to sign up for it. OTOH, my evaluations by the > students who take my classes mark me as one of the most highly rated > teacher in the program. Way above the ACC average. >

The class Bob taught for me was great.

Agreed.

After 2+ years of pro game
programming, I still rely on things I learned in it.

I am curious. Was the class alone enough to get you a job in the industry or
did you do some additional things to get in?

Thank you,
Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>