[gameprogrammer] Re: Enough, already!

  • From: Grant Hallman <unilogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:11:47 -0400

At 11:43 AM 7/22/2007 -0700, you wrote:
AnyDVD works great, but comes out with updates on an almost daily basis. If you own it, I highly recomend staying current with updates, and if you don't I suggest you buy it.

I do own it, and updates are a puzzle for me. Updates have been known to have negative impact, and my current version works fine, so i am reluctant to "fix" it when it's not broken, and risk more mischief.

Most DVD's have a lot of additional content so copying the entire dvd using Nero will usually resuly in needing a dual layer disc. However, Slysoft has clonedvd which works in conjunction with anydvd to make a selective copy. Often if you just copy the movie and audio without the extras it'll fit on a single layer disc. Also, it'll further provide compression options which will slightly lower the quality (not perceivable to most) to make it fit on a single layer disc.

Yeah, more actual $, sigh...

cheers - grant