[gameprogrammer] Re: Earthlink antispamspam

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:16:33 -0500

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 19:43 -0700, Kevin Jenkins wrote:
> That is absolutely ridiculous!  So in order to send an email to an
> Earthlink customer I have to go to their site and submit my personal
> information???

Ok, I was **really** pissed off when I sent that. You only have to
provide your name, email address, and a message telling them why your
email should be accepted by them.

But, yeah... it is ridiculous. It is also a royal pain in the ass. I am
now getting three or four of these a day. As far as I am concerned it is
illegal spam.

                Bob Pendleton

> If I were an Earthlink customer I just would cancel and find another
> ISP.  It's not like there is a shortage of ISPs in the world.
>
> Bob Pendleton wrote:
>
> > Earthlink has started forcing people to register before they will
> > deliver email from outside earthlink's network to earthlink customers.
> > As a result my mail box is filling up with antispamspam from earth link.
> > Every time someone send an email to the mailing list, I get a spam from
> > earthlink for every earthlink customer on the list.
> >
> > This is really pissing me off. Instead of going to the earthlink web
> > site and filling out a form with lots of personal data on it for each
> > earthlink customer on the list, I am simply going to delete the email
> > address of every earthlink customer who causes me to get more earthlink
> > antispamspam.
> >
> > Please, if you are an earthlink customer, go to their site, do what you
> > have to do to register this mailing list, and me, as a valid source of
> > email so I don't keep getting hassled by earthlink.
> >
> >     List Owner
> >
> >             Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +