[gameprogrammer] Re: Earthlink antispamspam

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:43:08 -0700

That is absolutely ridiculous! So in order to send an email to an Earthlink customer I have to go to their site and submit my personal information???

If I were an Earthlink customer I just would cancel and find another ISP. It's not like there is a shortage of ISPs in the world.

Bob Pendleton wrote:

Earthlink has started forcing people to register before they will
deliver email from outside earthlink's network to earthlink customers.
As a result my mail box is filling up with antispamspam from earth link.
Every time someone send an email to the mailing list, I get a spam from
earthlink for every earthlink customer on the list.

This is really pissing me off. Instead of going to the earthlink web
site and filling out a form with lots of personal data on it for each
earthlink customer on the list, I am simply going to delete the email
address of every earthlink customer who causes me to get more earthlink
antispamspam.

Please, if you are an earthlink customer, go to their site, do what you
have to do to register this mailing list, and me, as a valid source of
email so I don't keep getting hassled by earthlink.

        List Owner

                Bob Pendleton