[gameprogrammer] Code Annotations

  • From: Christoph Harder <shadowomf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:46:16 +0200

Hello,

I'm currently using Visual Studio 2010 and MS offers some quite interesting code
annotation and static analyzing tool (<CodeAnalysis/SourceAnnotations.h>).
However I'm worried that if I use those annotations and wish to move to another
compiler (or even another platform/os) I will have problems compiling it.

Has anyone of you used this feature or something similar? How do you keep your
code compiler and platform independent?
I could imagine creating macros that actually expand to the annotations if
compiled with Visual C++, however I'm not sure if that works and if it is the
best way.

Best regards.
-Christoph