[gameprogrammer] Re: Calculating Line-Of-Sight

  • From: Matthias Amberg <mylists@xxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:25:24 +0100

Hi Stephen
This does work well in general, but if two units are close together but round the corner from each other, it can sometimes return true when in fact there is a corner in the way. I could try increasing the interval, but this obviously increases the time it takes the algorythm to run. Does anyone know a better method?

I am not sure wheter this is a good idea, but what about only increasing the interval of your algorythm when players are in fact close, since they are close at least the distance to be checked is small, so increasing the points measured between the two players shouldn't be more intensive than checking across a big distance with less calculated points?

greetings
matthias