request help with FTC

  • From: Roger Clary <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FTC Control <ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:32:53 -0400

My program has multiple questions and answers stored separately as rtf data.
Currently, that is by
myQuizFld.getRTF

What I would like to do is gather all of the questions and answers and add them
to one FormattedText field where I could then use the printing, formatting, etc
capabilities of the FTC.
I can get ONE rtf formatted string and set it to my FormattedText field with
myField.setRTF(myStr). No problem.

But when I try to concatenate several of the strings together
s = s + myStr1
s = s + myStr2
etc…
myField.setRTF(s)
where each myStr… is an rtf formatted string, the result places "Lucinda
Grande;;;" between each instance. I assume that's the font designations from
the rtf, but I don't want to see that.
I have not been able to find an equivalent of TextArea1.appendText for the
FormattedText class.

Suggestions on how to do this properly gratefully accepted.

Roger Clary
Class One Software
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FTC Website: http://www.bkeeney.com/products/formatted-text-control