Re: request help with FTC

  • From: Roger Clary <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 02:38:30 -0400

On Aug 3, 2012, at 5:18 PM, Brendan Murphy wrote:

> Remember RTF is not additive. You can't just concatenate multiple
> RTF strings together like you would with plain strings and then
> insert it into the control. You need to clear the display, set
> your first RTF string and then do an insert for each additional
> RTF string you want to add.

Yes, thanks, Brendan.
Jym led me to that place. But where I got stuck was not being able to get the
subsequent inserts to be added at the end of the previous insert. They were
being stuck in the middle of each other and I couldn't figure out how to set
the cursor to the end of previous text. I found moveCaretToStart but not other
positionings.

Roger Clary
Class One Software
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx