[fsug-calicut]

  • From: Jithendranath <jithendranath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FSUG Calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:37:09 +0530

Hello
I am a non techie - novice to ubuntu.
My problem is my Microsoft camera is not being recognised by Ubuntu.
I tried another cam. Ekiga is showing the cam, but there is a static
picture using cheese. I installed Skype but still no cam at all.
Heard that Ubuntu supports only UVC and that Logitech C 200 is the model
to use. Has anyone tried it out. I have a ekiga sip address
jithendranath@xxxxxxxxx and also a skype name jithendranath
Could anyone suggest a video conferencing software that you are using
with Ubuntu so that I can communicate with you to see if my
configuration is okay.
with regards
Jithendranath

FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :