[fsf60k] Re: Meeting this Thurs eve.

  • From: lisapflanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:16:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,
I am spinning out of control,having trouble sleeping, preparing for our
February Nicaragua trip.  It is 7:00AM and I am going through my email.  The TV
is on and I'm listening to channel 12 reporting all of the road closers because
of the snow storm.  I am worried whether or not the students have all of their
school lessons organized, and then a bit of reality sets in.  Channel 12 is
reporting on Haiti, following an RN from Huntington.  They are reporting from a
hospital which is the only one left standing.  There is a child wailing in the
background, they explain that this child lost both parents in the quake and had
both legs amputated earlier that day.  Another mother arrives at the hospital
to surrender her child, she has been living on the streets and cannot care for
him anymore.

What was I spinning out of control about???

Life has a funny way of giving you a reality check.  I have had Mike Cip and
Dr. John Shanley on my mind ever since they left for DR.  I send all of my love
and positive energy to them as they help the people of Haiti.

I will not be able to attend the friends meeting on Thursday.  The students and
I will be upstairs  finishing packing and preparing for our trip.  If you get
an opportunity to peek in on us please do.  Hope all of you are well and if I
don't see you on Thursday I will see you when I get back from Nicaragua.

Regards to all,
Lisa