[fruityloops] Re: my introduction

  • From: Vincent Brandon <uncvinnie_b718@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:24:38 -0800 (PST)

Welcome Aboard Bart,
  Unfortunately, I'm not one of the more Technical and Midi Savy members of
this group.  But, I just wanted to say "Hey!"  I've also experienced problems
with looping Midi tracks within FL.  However, I've learned a few work arounds.
One of which, I use quite often:  Create your track as normal, then make a
second blank sequence following the portion with the Midi part in it.  That way
you have some dead air behind the end of your MIdi passage.  Then I fly the
whole song over in Song Mode, exporting the song as a wav file to Acid,
SoundForge or Cool Edit.  Then I just chop off the Dead Air at the end of the
Midi Passage, Loop and Time Stretch a bit until it sounds proper.  It's a
little time consuming and the results aren't always manageable, because I have
to work out the new time signature.  But, most times I get the Loop to work
within the song I'm working on.
Hope You have Luck.