[fruityloops] Re: my introduction

  • From: "David Hovey" <hoveydavid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:38:39 +0000

I've found that when recording midi in the piano roll > put it in Song Mode >
loop say four bars (double clicking at the timeline on th eplaylist) > press
the 1-2-3 countdown checkbox >press record >play the midi four the four bars
and the recording will stop exactly when the four bars finish >hey presto
you've got a perfect copy, i.e. no space after the end of your recording.

>From: Vincent Brandon >Reply-To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To:
fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Subject: [fruityloops] Re: my introduction >Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:24:38 -0800 (PST) >>>Welcome Aboard Bart,
>Unfortunately,I'm not one of the more Technical and Midi Savy members of
this group. But, I just wanted to say "Hey!" I've also experienced problems
with looping Midi tracks within FL. However, I've learned a few work
arounds.One of which, I use quite often: Create your track as normal, then
make a second blank sequence following the portion with the Midi part in it.
That way you have some dead air behind the end of your MIdi passage. Then I
fly the whole song over in Song Mode, exporting the song as a wav file to
Acid, SoundForge or Cool Edit. Then I just chop off the Dead Air at the end
of the Midi Passage, Loop and Time Stretch a bit until it sounds proper.
It'sa little time consuming and the results aren't always manageable,
becauseI have to work out the new time signature. But, most times I get the
Loop to work within the song I'm working on. >Hope You have Luck. >>>