[fruityloops] Re: Exporting tracks from Fruity...

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:27:03 +0100

> 1: What is the best, most popular music distributing
> website on the net? I'm already signed up to
> www.vitaminic.co.uk, but I want a few more places.

If you are just starting out and want a place to get yourself heard, get
some feedback and publicity, http://www.sectionz.net is the place to go.  If
you want to join the crowds at mp3.com, go ahead, but it takes ages to get
your songs approved (and therefore available for download) unless you shell
out for a premium artist program.  Don't expect to make any money, sell any
CDs or get heard much.  You'll be surrounded by too much rubbish that people
won't be able to see the wood from the trees.

If you think you are a cut above the rest, try http://www.peoplesound.com.
They carefully vet artists, so if you managed to get on there, you have a
good chance of getting signed at some stage in the future as they actively
promote your stuff with real record companies.

Somewhere in between is ampcast, but I've not found their connectivity to be
very reliable and I've heard about them not coughing up for pay-per-download
programs.

> 2: When using Fruityloops, how can I export tracks
> that were made in MIDI to either WAV or MP3? If I'll
> need something other than Fruity, please let me know.

You could possibly use fruityloops in this way using the sound font player
along with a General MIDI soundfont.  It would be a lot of work and not much
fun.  You'd be better off using a MIDI to WAV program.  I think "Making
Waves" can do this but I have never used it.

hope that helps,

Andy