[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report - 12/2/2008

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:48:13 -0500

Present: Chuq, Phil, Andre, Joe, Elena, Richard, Kevin, Forest, Tom

:: Motor City Visit

Ken Grundberg is doing the groundwork to start a Free Geek in metro Detroit. Ken drove to South Bend for a visit, to get ideas and look at what he is getting himself into. He took the fifty cent tour and snapped pictures. We talked and joked.

Ken has not applied for affiliate or franchise status -- it is too early in the game. He is doing the necessary planning and networking. I look forward to FGM collaborating with Ken and helping him jump start the Motor City Free Geek.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

:: eBay Offerings

Kevin photographed some communications equipment and an 8-port KVM switch to sell on eBay. Kevin says eBay has changed their requirements since he last put FGM gear for sale on his account. First, he was told by a friend that all sellers MUST now use PayPal. Kevin prefers money orders and other forms of cash. Second, he is not sure what the eBay imposed fees are now and how they are paid. Chuq said the eBay "tax" is 28 percent of all transactions.

:: Printers Donated

Forest ran into Henry D., and Henry donated a dozen HP Laserjet 5/6 printers. Forest stacked them on a pallet for testing. We will donate the printers which don't test good to another organization.

:: Perley Hispanic-only Class

Chuq volunteered to instruct the next FreeBox class, and Kevin will assist. Forest will let us use his digital projector and projection screen. I will write a narration for my introduction to FGM presentation which is in OO Impress format. I showed the presentation to Chuq.

Goose counted FreeBoxes, and we have seven. We need one more FreeBox and then match them all to monitors, keyboards and mice for the class. Kevin took responsibility for preparing the FreeBoxes next Thursday and Tuesday. Phil, Andre and Goose said they would help.

####