[frgeek-michiana] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS installs

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:36:42 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I have investigated that possibility.  Reconstructor http://www.reconstructor.org/ provides that function but the software currently is not allowing the deletion of packages from the live CD iso. As a result the CD image quickly (nearly immediately) exceeds the max size for a CD ROM. This isn't a show stopper but is an extra wrinkle. I think that over the long term we should move to a customized distribution if only to provide branding for our Freeboxes (set the default homepage on the web browser, default wallpaper, additional software, custom splash screen, etc). Unfortunately I have too much on my plate right now to really work on this and I think we should get Internet access at the warehouse first (one of the other things on my plate). As always volunteers are appreciated ;-)

Mike