[frgeek-michiana] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS installs

  • From: "chuq00@xxxxxxxxx"<chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 17:53:39 -0500

I agree, I think a simplistic approach would be the best bet unless things change. We never ran updates on the vector boxes, just upgrade to the latest release was all that was done. Worrying about ensuring each box is fully updated makes the idea of having a multitude of freeboxes ready to pointless if you have to update each beforehand. Think about when you buy a computer there aren't any updates done to it at all, unless you pay for that service. Make it much simpler, no sneaker-netting updates in, updating the systems, running multiple servers for firewalls and gateways, all things that would provide good hands on experience for volunteers but is really unnecessary especially at this point in time.

Chuq

Chuq from my DROID.