[frgeek-michiana] Re: Skid full of cables

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:58:08 -0500

I don't think Goodwill will take cables unless they are part of a complete system. It looks like ribbon cable may be a little harder to strip than I first thought but still may be doable. If we cant do it we may have to look for a recycler that works with the electronics industry.

Rick Tribble wrote:
Recycle with goodwill and be done?

On Nov 3, 2009, at 20:02, Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Might not be very carbon neutral. There is a quick method of stripping copper from wire but I'm not sure how well it would work for ribbon cable. I'll look into it. Maybe we could get better returns on our copper if it doesn't take too long.

southriverdesign@xxxxxxx wrote:
Burn the cables all left will be copper