[frgeek-michiana] Lab agenda, 9/30/03

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:35:41 -0500

Lab Agenda, 9/30/03

:: Clean Up the Mess Upstairs

Time to sort out the inventory upstairs again and move what we can't use to the Barn. This is the major task for the lab.

:: Build more FreeBoxes

As always. Plus we need to bring monitors from the Barn to test and use.

:: Project reviews

. monitor recycling - Jay
. NetVista refurb - Mike
. VL 4 release schedule - Mike
. lights for barn - Tom
. volunteer credit system - everybody
. preparing for volunteers - everybody

:: Remedial work for FreeBox students

Two older ladies who dropped out of the FreeBox class this weekend will be in the lab at 6:00 PM to do remedial work. I need to give them relatively undisturbed individual attention. So I will delegate responsibility for the lab to one of you core guys while I help the two students. Their FreeBoxes are in the lab. I tagged their computers with their names so we don't give them to someone else.

:: New Volunteers

Students at the Saturday class may show up to begin earning credits toward FreeLab classes. Be prepared to attend to them and supervise them. I told the students the major task will be to sort out the room upstairs and move gear to the Barn. I will drive the venerable Astro mini-van to the lab so we can load it up for the trip.