[frgeek-michiana] FreeBox class last Sat.

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:31:38 -0500

The class was large: 7 participants. Five graduated and two need remedial work to pass the course.

Graduates:
 * Angela Tasley
 * Josh Hamman
 * Fatima Peak
 * Cynthia Bellisle
 * Stephanie Cory

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/news.adp

The two who didn't graduate (Linda and Bonnie) are retired women who volunteer at the Sallie. They were at a disadvantage because they knew nothing about computers and were at least three decades older than the successful graduates. The pace of the class was too fast for them. They need individual catch-up training. So Linda and Bonnie plan to attend the lab Tuesday night for remedial work. They may need to attend several practice labs before they are ready to take another FreeBox class. Their FreeBoxes are in the lab. I tagged their computers with their names so we don't give them to someone else.