[frgeek-michiana] Re: Food Bank negotiation

  • From: "Chuq" <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:54:06 -0400

Well I have a better suggestion for the extra Gaylord of keyboards, sell it
to Imre and me. As far as the extra monitors go, you should get a count of
how many there are.

Chuq

From: Tom Brown <tbrown46628@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Food Bank negotiation
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 4:46 PM

I talked face to face with Lisa Jaworski, the FBNI director, and I have good
news and bad news.

The FBNI will let us store our inventory in their upstairs warehouse as I
reported earlier. However, we cannot be in the warehouse after hours. The
facility closes at 4:30 PM M-F. FBNI is open for 4-5 hours two Saturday
mornings per month. Lisa said she reviewed the warehouse set up with the WH
manager, Eric Curry, and there is no way they can secure their food storage
from our area. FBNI's liability insurance is void if unauthorized people can
access the food stock. Second, only FBNI employees can operate the freight
elevator to the second floor. Unless we can manage to work during normal
business hours, the FreeBox program will shut down if we move our inventory
to FBNI.

Lisa offered to publish a notice that we need new warehouse space in the
United Way newsletter or email list. The list/newsletter has about 200
subscribers. I'll send her an email with a one paragraph description of our
mission and a list of requirements for a new warehouse.

In sum, the FBNI space is more or less temporary (we didn't discuss the
actual time limit), and we will shut down the FreeBox program once we move
our inventory to FBNI. We will reopen the FreeBox program once we find a
suitable warehouse or switch to daytime operation only.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it
to be in the public domain.

The archive is available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list
website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana