Re: Survey What number of member collects Parker over Waterman?

  • From: chgosatrap@xxxxxxx
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 09:51:30 -0500

Oh boy, how did I overlook this one?

Well, I had been collecting Waterman for about 10 years, and then I got the
"Duofold" bug.  For a long time, I would look at Duofolds, but because I had
become accustomed to Waterman's heavy brass, I wasn't sure I would like
lightweight pens.

Finally, several collectors convinced me to try the Duofold.
The first Parker I ever bought was a Pearl/Black Centennial from Bill Weakley.
Then, the Red Jasper.
From eBay, the Lapis (about 125.00 or something).
Back to Weakley for a GP Centennial.  Back to eBay for SS International.  A
collector gave me a black Interntational.  Blue Ellipse.  Burgundy Ellipse.

And......ta-daaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, The King of Duofolds: Andy Lambrou's CP-5.

They keep appearing, and are almost at Waterman level.

satrap

 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>