Re: Luxury Blue, was: Whatcha using?

  • From: "Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman" <eric@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:47:02 +0200

Well, I have to say, for blue, I like a few:
Penman Sapphire, which I have used up or sold off in favor of American Blue and Super Show Blue.
Omas Roma 2000 Blue, which is really a perfect blue, to my taste.
Black Magic Blue, for those days when I want a rich, purply blue-black.
In Turquoise, I have recently discovered Naples blue, which is the best of the bunch.
I also like Blue Suede, although it's more of a teal green.
I had Ottoman Azure for a while and didn't like it too much. But now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't dumped it.
Aurora blue is also nice.

Midnight Blues is okay, but a little too somber.

On 10 May 2006, at 0:41, Chuck Warman wrote:

Two practical differences are: First, it dries instantly (essential for me,
a lefty), but it doesn't seem to bleed or feather like Swisher's fast-drying
inks. Second, it's waterproof.

But mostly it's just plain subjective preference, I'm afraid. The ink is
not particularly distinctive in color, it's just a solid pure medium-to-dark
blue with no green or purple overtones. It's dark enough for me to use for
all but the most formal writing occasions, but not so dark as to be somber.

I just wish it weren't so darned expensive.

Chuck