Re: [foxboro] sendmail for Solaris 8

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lowell, Tim:" <Tim.C.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:23:04 -0400

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:26:24AM -0400, Lowell, Tim: wrote:
> We recently upgraded to Sun P91 boxes with Solaris 8 on them, and
> sendmail no longer works.  I went back and read through a thread of
> messages on this issue in the archives, but I'm not having any success.
> Could someone who has gotten this to work please send me a copy of your
> sendmail.cf file off-list (with all identifying information stripped
> out, of course) so I can see what I'm doing wrong?  I added the hostname
> with the dot at the end to /etc/hosts, I can ping the mail relay host,
> and everything else looks OK, but I just think I'm missing something in
> sendmail.cf.  At the moment, when I send mail, the message doesn't go
> through and I get no reply back as to why it was refused.

I have it working from Solaris 8 machines, and I don't remeber having to
mess with sendmail.cf (which probabl should be sendmail.mc anyway). As
someone else already asked, what are you sending to? What do it's and the
Solaris boxes logs show?

I'm sending to a sendmail instnace on a Linux box BTW.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror