Re: [foxboro] global variable setpoint limiting

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:38:18 -0500

Generic overlays do not optimize, i.e., they don't remember where the data
came from on the last call-up.

Displays do optimize. They record the location of the data in a section of
the graphics file.

Generic display call-up times are similar to the initial call-up of custom
displays.

In general, the use of more than one block in a generic graphic does not
make it slower since FV looks for the points in parallel.

Does this help?

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington