Re: [foxboro] Writing point values to an external database

  • From: "Jeff Hurt" <hurtman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:07:03 -0400

Thanks Howard.  I have been down that road.  I've tried using the AIM*AT 2
different ways and I couldn't fine tune it.  It just seemed too glitchy.

The first way I tried was to set up a reduction group and pull the
historical data from midnight.  I had a scheduler that would run a few
minutes after midnight.

The other way I tried was to have excel spreadsheet open up one minute
before midnight and it would populate cells with formulas to pull in live
data.  At midnight it would copy and paste the values into the cells.

Both ways would work but there were too many external factors since the
computer that has AIM is also used for other things.  It would just be nice
to write the 30 values I need to an external database using a foxboro block.

We tried the Report Writer package but in my opinion that product should
still be in the beta test stage.

Thanks,
Jeff H.
Indeck