Re: [foxboro] Writing point values to an external database

  • From: <duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:46:05 -0400

Seeing all these asterisks prompted me to look back, way back, and
recycle some rants from 1999. To quote, verbatim, one
foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic on July 14, 1999:

<begin quote>
It's called News and Comment.  Today you get comments.

Foxboro product naming!  Pat Germond!  WRONG!
        (Begin ranting at the top my lungs)     Allowing ANY=20
and I mean ANY product that goes on a computer to have an=20
asterisk in the name is idiocy of the highest order.  I mean=20
do these people even own computers or are they just masters=20
of regular expression syntax?
        (Now stop ranting and try the following simple experiment)

Fire up those search engines and see if you can find AIM*historian.=20
Better yet, use the search pick on Foxboro's own web site. =20
<end quote>

I couldn't have ranted any better.

Duc