Re: [foxboro] WP51D with hard drive problems

  • From: "Gillis, Dale" <Dale.Gillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:03:23 +0300

Hi Tim

I had to do this before on both a D and a B Box.  Here is a link of what
I did for the B Box.

//www.freelists.org/archives/foxboro/04-2004/msg00004.html

However there are some differences in the D Box but very similar.
You'll figure it out.  You will have to check the old Hard Drive for
label info and partition info and make your new 10 GB Drive the same
using the format tools booted up from your cdrom Day 0.  Be sure to
label the disk at the end of your partitioning exercise.  This should
work for you because now the system will think you have a 8.4 GB instead
of a 10 GB HD and install should go flawlessly.  You don't need the
floppy disk if you are installing a version later than 6.1

Dale Gillis
Instrument Technician
Stora Enso Port Hawkesbury Ltd.
PO Box 9500
B9A 1A1
Phone:902-625-2460 Ext 4401 or 6233
Fax : 902-625-2098
Pager:317 (Dial 8 to get into Paging System)

=20