Re: [foxboro] Unique Alarm Sounds

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <Tim.C.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:04:22 -0400

Dennis,

The usual answer is to configure your horn.cfg file to output priority 1
and 2 alarms, or whatever priority you wish, to a COUT block driving an
FBM10 (or the 200 series equivalent) 120V AC output which then drives a
standard annunciator horn.  You can send different priorities to
different horns, and have separate horns for each plant unit or area.
We do that here, and it's very successful.  If you want more info,
contact me off-line.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
ConocoPhillips Trainer Refinery