Re: [foxboro] Trip

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 21:48:03 -0500

When I had a big "H" tattooed on my derriere, we used the SMM (Honeywell's
version of the ACM) and TRISOE and got the events in the Honeywell system
log.  It worked well from what I recall.  The Tricon time was slaved to
the Honeywell clock, and supposedly had millisecond accuracy (in reality,
the scan time of the Tricon).

Triconex also has some decent add-on software to do SOE and high-speed
event capture (analog and discrete) that runs on a connected PC.

Our current logic solver is from Hima, and after we could no longer deny
that their current external SOE package was crap, we implemented a
first-out in the Hima logic.  It is a simple one-shot mechanism that takes
16 inputs and holds true a corresponding output for each if that input was
true when the trip occurred.  We then read these latched outputs with the
I/A over either Modbus or OPC.  We built a graphic for the operators that
merges this data with shutdowns in the DCS (similar setup with CALCA
blocks) and tells them what tripped them and what is holding them out on
restart.  It's extra configuration, and may be impractical for large
numbers of trips, but it seems more intuitive for the operators to look at
that screen than to paw through SOE data from our older (working) Hima SOE
system.

As for Mark V, I wish you luck :)  I'm sure something similar could be
implemented there (it may come as standard, I don't remember), but getting
GE to work with us on the interface was like sharing your Chateaubriand
with an alligator.

FoxAMI might have inproved recently, and your setup might be different
from theirs, but one of the plants here bought the aforementioned Triconex
software because they could not get AMI to work reliably.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Mostafa mohamed" <mostafa_atatork@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/06/2007 01:09 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[foxboro] Trip

Dear All
We have a general problem. every time there is a trip we don't know the
exact reason. as trip could be caused from AFD or MARKV or From the
triconex. So what do you think the Best practice to analyze the trip is
there a way to extract trip report.
we have
SOE(we have acm so the soe comes to DCS)
AMI
Can we link all messages with the correct time stamps as the ami has
diffrent time stamp from AMI.
Does Synchronizing DCS and ESD will solve the problem?
Can we have a first out configuration?
Can we use more than one trisoe for diffrent eqipment like (compressor we
have trisoe, pump another trisoe in the same ACM)
Thanks and best regards

Mostafa