Re: [foxboro] The Big "W"

  • From: "Lowell, Tim" <Tim.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 13:26:44 -0500

This was supposed to work as a way to keep different workstations from
operating the same controller/block simultaneously. You set the "W" by clicking
on the "LOCK" button on the detail display, and whichever FoxView clicked the
"LOCK" button gets to operate that controller/block, and no other FoxView can.
Most people, if not everyone, continued to use environments and access classes
to keep controllers/blocks from being operated simultaneously, but Foxboro
never removed the functionality.

To fix it, you need to figure out which FoxView clicked on "LOCK" and then
click on "UNLOCK" on the detail display for that block on that FoxView. The
LOCKID parameter of the controller/block should show the LETTERBUG:DEVNAME
where LETTERBUG is the 6-character letterbug of the workstation and DEVNAME is
the 1 to 6 character logical device name of the task, in this case the FoxView
name, I think (I can't test it at the moment). If you upload the block
parameters in your configurator of choice, it should overwrite whatever is
stored in LOCKID with the current value, or we can hope it does. Then you can
go to that FoxView and click on "UNLOCK".

Tim Lowell   |   Schneider Electric   |  United States   |   Principal Project
Application Engineer
Phone: +1 713 329 8437 | Cell: +1 210 439 5914
Email: tim.lowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |   Site: www.schneider-electric.com
|   Address: 10900 Equity Drive, 77041 Houston (Equity Drive), Texas, United
States

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail