Re: [foxboro] The Big "W"

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rguercio@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:05:30 -0400

Oh Mighty List,

I have a PIDA whose template shows a white "W" in the nameplate area.  While
the controller still seems to work, I can only change the A/M and L/R on one
screen of one WP, even though there are 4 screens on that particular WP and
other nearby WPs that used to work properly before the W appeared.  The W
appears even on the one screen that works.  In checking into the W on the PIDA
detail graphic, it looks like it is associated with  a VIS7_WPLCK object which
is part of a status bar that I can't edit.  When I look at a somewhat custom
PIDA template, the W object is set to appear based on B12 of the BLKSTA - and
the documentation says it is a 'workstation lock'.

What I can't figure out is what caused this to appear and how it can be
defeated/corrected.  Further, if it is a workstation lock, why does only one
screen still work on one workstation (and it is not the primary screen,
incidentally)?  Any enlightenment?  By the way, it only appears on one control
block - all others I have checked are clear.  Any quick response is gratefully
appreciated.