Re: [foxboro] Switch from text editor back to vi?

  • From: "Weiss, Andreas" <Andreas.Weiss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:10:22 -0600

> We installed an AW51F running ver. 7.0, and when editing=20
> sequence code, the text editor is launched instead of vi. Is=20
> there a setting somewhere that can be changed, making the ICC=20
> use the vi editor again?

Hi Ken,

some lines copied out of my knowledge base. I think that these sentences
are written by Alex but I don't know.

In V6.x systems, the file /opt/fox/ciocfg/seqedit is the script that is
run
when the 'Edit sequence code' is picked. You can edit it to run the
editor
that you wish.

In V7.x systems, the file is /opt/fox/ciocfg/remote_edit. I suspect that
if
you work with it you can do what you want though I never have. Be sure
make a backup. :)

I'd be tempted to add the following after the first line:

exec >/opt/fox/ciocfg/remote_edit.log 2>&1
set -x

and review the log file that is created during your testing.

Regards,
Andreas