Re: [foxboro] Station block parameters - OMSCAN I/A 8.7-ZCP270

  • From: Dirk Pauwels <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:44:48 +0000

Philip,

Thanks for the script. Will take me a while to check though, with 82 lists. But
the ones I checked so far are scanning.
How do I interpret the delta change? It looks like an hex value, but once
transferred it seems like a strange delta value.

Thanks & Rgds,
Dirk

#2. I'd first verify that all 15 PID's referenced do exist on the workstations
being referenced (some may be other CP's).  Then, if you'd like to check for
errors in any of the lists, I use a script to dump out all of the om objects in
a list.  It only does one list at time.  I have two files for it:
        a. Enter the following bunch of lines in a text file and change the
second line (opvr 001) to include the 3-digit list number, which ensures you
get the max list entries:
opdb
opvr 001
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2

        b. Enter the following line in another .ksh file, where
opvr_SOM_IN_001.txt is the filename from "a" above and opvr_SOM_OUT_001.txt is
any output file name:
/opt/fox/bin/tools/som -i opvr_SOM_IN_001.txt -t opvr_SOM_OUT_001.txt >/dev/null

The output should have all points with a status of SCANNING.  Something else
(NOT CONNECTED, I think) would indicate an error.  There's also a delta field
included for each point in the list.  Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Philip Pulas
Lead Engineer, Process Systems
Tesoro Golden Eagle Refinery

Lawter Notice: The information (including any attachments) contained in this
communication is confidential, private and proprietary, may be privileged or
otherwise protected by applicable law or legal rule, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail,
or by calling the sender, and then delete it completely from your system.