Re: [foxboro] RE : Communication problem b/w FBM231 & AB PLC

  • From: "Imran Waheed Butt" <butt.imran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:40:52 +0500

Dear All,
There is only one AB PLC 05/40 which is connected through CAM to IA Series
V8.2 my means of FBM231 (RS232) now the communication link is established
and also we get the proper point numbers from the project documentation of
PLC, but when we put that point number to BIN or RIN block there is cyclic
error that communication fail and that cycle depends on the period of that
BIN or RIN block. So, result is that communication is still not happen b/w
PLC and I/A.

Our Settings are as,

.XML File
Mode:      RS232
Baud Rate:   9600
Parity:    None
Stop Bits:  1
DataBits:   8
Driver:  DHPlus/CRC

and DIP Switch settings at CAM is Sequence as per FDSI Driver AB
DH+ Protocol User's Guide (DI700BD Rev C Page 22)

01  01111  00  000  010  11  0111  10
and we configure the ECB202 for FBM231 and ECB201 for Port.

ECB202:
Name: PLC00A
DEV_ID:  PLC00A
HWTYPE:  231
SWTYPE:   231
PORTEX:   1
FILEID:   DH_PORT.XML
SFILEID:   ABDRIVER.ZIPH

ECB201
NAME:   PLC001
DEV_ID:   PLC001
 HWTYPE:  231
SWTYPE:   231
PARENT:  PLC00A
DVNAME:  MA=2;BA=2
DVOPTS:  CAM
PORTNO:   1

AND in DCI blocks we configure the IOM_ID:  PLC001.

we also configure the DIP switches at TCA of FBM231 as
A2,A4,A6,A8,B4,B8,C1 ARE closed and reamining are open.
we also tried other DIP switch settings too.
Does any one know where is error in the configuration

Thanks and Best Regards,
Imran Butt,
System Engineer.

On 9/17/07, Doucet, Terrence <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Imran,
>
> The AB Gateway (or Integrator30) limiting resource is usually the RS232
> baud rate, likely 19, 200.  Each serial communication   consists of overhead
> (addresses, security check, etc) that do not provide information about your
> process and data (your process good stuff) that all must be part of the
> 19,200 baud.   You need to try and minimize the overhead by reading (or
> writing) contiguous bytes of PLC data.
>
> Most users get the PLC logic to move the various pieces of information in
> the PLC into contiguous data areas in the PLC and then the Foxboro
> Integrators read that contiguous data with the largest read that is
> possible.
>
> If you just read your input data directly, most of your 19,200 baud would
> be overhead. It takes a little work to map the data in and then read it out
> on the Foxboro side but it is well worth the effort. At 19,200 baud you can
> usually read about 350 bytes per second of your data but there are a lot of
> other factors (like the number of PLC's on your DH+ network) that could
> lower this 350 bytes per second.  Also you need to keep writes from the
> Foxboro to the PLC to low numbers per second.
>

> ________________________________
>
> De: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx de la part de Miller, Jeff
> Date: ven. 2007-09-14 18:44
> Ã?: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Objet : Re: [foxboro] Communication problem b/w FBM231 & AB PLC
>

> Imran,
>
> The B3 file is located in the PLC5.  You have to configure the file and
> set the number of words that you will need to transfer the data.  We get
> the data into the B3 table by using the ladder logic to write the input
> or output to the B3 bit.  Example 4.8:O goes to B3:1.1 etc.  I believe
> you could also use a data transfer block to send several words at one
> time from the input or output file to the B3 file. =20
>

> JAM
>
> Our system is currently using AB KF2 converters to go from DH+ to RS-232
> and a Comm 15 module.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Imran Butt
System Engineer
Manstock Engineering Company (Pvt.) Ltd.
39-42 Farid Chambers, Abdullah Haroon Road
Karachi â?? 74400, Pakistan
Cell: +92-321-2102686
Home: +92-21-4590568
Office: +92-21-5678952, 5678953, 5673145
FAX: +92-21-5682576
E-mail: butt.imran@xxxxxxxxx