Re: [foxboro] RE : Communication problem b/w FBM231 & AB PLC

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:19:50 -0500

The lack of a specific FDSI document for serial-to-Allen-Bradley (aka
"DF1" in A-B parlance) makes me wonder if this configuration (i.e., what
you are trying to do) is even supported at version 8.2.  They have FDSI
documents for serial and TCP Modbus, Ethernet/IP (A-B ControlLogix), and
OPC Client -- but not for DF1.  Might your FBM231 be trying to speak
Modbus?  If so, and if you don't have something like a Prosoft card in the
5/40, it won't work.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Imran Waheed Butt" <butt.imran@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2007 10:40 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] RE : Communication problem b/w FBM231 & AB PLC

Dear All,
There is only one AB PLC 05/40 which is connected through CAM to IA Series
V8.2 my means of FBM231 (RS232) now the communication link is established
and also we get the proper point numbers from the project documentation of
PLC, but when we put that point number to BIN or RIN block there is cyclic
error that communication fail and that cycle depends on the period of that
BIN or RIN block. So, result is that communication is still not happen b/w
PLC and I/A.

Our Settings are as,

.XML File
Mode:      RS232
Baud Rate:   9600
Parity:    None
Stop Bits:  1
DataBits:   8
Driver:  DHPlus/CRC

and DIP Switch settings at CAM is Sequence as per FDSI Driver AB
DH+ Protocol User's Guide (DI700BD Rev C Page 22)

01  01111  00  000  010  11  0111  10
and we configure the ECB202 for FBM231 and ECB201 for Port.

ECB202:
Name: PLC00A
DEV_ID:  PLC00A
HWTYPE:  231
SWTYPE:   231
PORTEX:   1
FILEID:   DH_PORT.XML
SFILEID:   ABDRIVER.ZIPH

ECB201
NAME:   PLC001
DEV_ID:   PLC001
HWTYPE:  231
SWTYPE:   231
PARENT:  PLC00A
DVNAME:  MA=2;BA=2
DVOPTS:  CAM
PORTNO:   1

AND in DCI blocks we configure the IOM_ID:  PLC001.

we also configure the DIP switches at TCA of FBM231 as
A2,A4,A6,A8,B4,B8,C1 ARE closed and reamining are open.
we also tried other DIP switch settings too.
Does any one know where is error in the configuration

Thanks and Best Regards,
Imran Butt,
System Engineer.