Re: [foxboro] Osi PI and AW51 which way?

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:18:12 -0600

Beware, basis my experience with OPC interfaces to Foxboro V6.x/7.X systems
via a few different means, OPC does not end up being near as reliable as
desired..  The problem can be due to how well the OPC client or server is
written, how well they play together, DCOM, MS Windows problems, load
issues, etc.  A lot of times we never new we had a problem except that we
noticed that something was not changing.

Neil Martin
Huntsman Performance Chemicals
Dayton & Conroe, TX.
Dayton ph)  936-257-4212
Conroe ph) 936-760-6205
pager) 936-522-0052

             "Moore, Kenneth,
             Celanese/US"
             <ken.e.moore@cela                                          To
             nese.com>                 <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] Osi PI and AW51 which
                                       way?
             11/08/2007 10:28
             AM

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

Thanks for all the replies, you are correct Dave, OSI just informed me
that the API interface was on the way out, and they are pushing OPC.=20