Re: [foxboro] Mesh Root Switches Required?

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:21:25 -0400

Architecturally, the are three valid configuration options:

1) Ring
2) Star
3) Tree

The last two have central (root) switches in order to work.

However, I think your question is really, "Do I need to use a N-style
(blade) switch as my root switch?" The answer to that is no you are not
required to use those higher end switches. You may use the lower cost
switches in the root position.

That said, there are advantages to the higher end switches. You should
read PSS 21H-7C3 B4, PSS 21H-7C3 B4, and B0700AZ.

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
713.329.8472 (voice)