Re: [foxboro] IACC Product and Integration with existing I/A tools

  • From: "Dehler, Glenn SCAN--" <Glenn.Dehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:45:56 -0700

Thanks all for the very interesting and informative discussion.

One item that I have picked up:

- if we decide to go with one configuration tool for the I/A System =
(IACC), then we need to have a room of Windows machines for the control =
engineers to use for configuration.  Presently, the node AW's are used =
for building points and graphics changes.  Now, I see that we would =
still require the AW's but have to double (possibly) the desk space for =
IACC configuration PeeCee machines. =20

Hence, there may be an impact to our control building - the control =
engineers would need (at each seat) access to the AW and to a XP =
computer).

Looks like lots of "opportunities" here.  Thanks again.

Alex ... I did not mean how it sounded.  Poor choice of words perhaps.

<snip> ...
Q: If a V6.3 CP database is "sucked" into IACC, changes made, and the =
=3D
result pushed back into the CP, can ICC still be used for that compound =
=3D
(or block) or is this a one way street (conversion)?

First, IACC does not suck. :)
... <snip>

(Note: we are Solaris users and we also have a fairly large system - =
presently 10 nodes.  The future may add a couple more nodes ... or =
meshes (whatever they are now called with Version 8.x.  We also do not =
tie in our Control System to the corporate system - hence separate PC's =
are required for IACC.  In addition, with the mesh network, we will need =
to re-think process area segregation that the Nodebus lent it self to =
very nicely.)

Cheers all,

Glenn Dehler

Shell Research Center
3655 36 Street NW    T2L 1Y8
Calgary, Alberta          Canada
Tel: +1(403) 284-6710    Fax: +1(403) 284-6662
Email: glenn.dehler@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.ca