Re: [foxboro] Survey question said...

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:29:40 -0600

Never been call a UNIX bigot ...... I kind of like it!
Remember "REAL MEN USE UNIX" quoted from an ex-foxboro engineer.

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4810 ext. 24
Cell    (806) 898 4340

Okarche C&M
Route 4 P.O. Box 40
Okarche, OK. 73762

                      "Blunier, Mark"

                      <Mark.Blunier@avent        To:
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      inerei.com>                cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [foxboro] Survey
question said...
                      foxboro-bounce@free

                      lists.org

                      02/03/2005 12:39 PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

=20
> Alex Johnson
> I have a question or two for the group:
>=20
> 1) Is the list an appropriate vehicle for IPS to post survey=20
> opportunities?
> 2) Is the list an appropriate vehicle for IPS to post survey=20
> questions?

It is at least as appropriate as the requests for survey that I
get from someone that tells me they are running a survey on
behalf of Foxboro (because I had recently accessed their website).
While I usually get them after I access Foxboros website, I will
not answer questions about Foxboro to someone that tells me they
represent Foxboro when I can't verify they do.  If Foxboro wants
to question me privately, they should do it from a Foxboro address.

If Foxboro wants public opinions from the Unix Bigots (at least that's =
how
the Foxboro sales people have referred to the people that read this
list, and people like me that are against putting in non unix systems)
this forum seems fine, as does your solitation for people to be
added to a survey list.

Mark

> 3) Would anyone like to participate in surveys? If so, please=20
> send me (OFF
> LIST!) the following information:
>    a) Your name
>    b) Your address
>    c) Your phone number
>    d) Your fax number
>    e) Your e-mail address
>    f) Your company name
>    g) Your industry
>=20
> Don't know that I'll actually have surveys to submit, but I'm curious.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Alex Johnson
> Invensys Process Systems
> Invensys Systems, Inc.
> 10707 Haddington
> Houston, TX 77063
> 713.722.2859 (voice)
> 713.722.2700 (switchboard)
> 713.932.0222 (fax)
> ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> =20
>=20
> =20
> =20
> Invensys Process
> Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company). Use the info you=20
> obtain here at
> your own risks. Read=20
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html
=20