Re: [foxboro] Foxboro and Allen Bradley

  • From: "Robert Driscoll" <rdrisco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:32:48 -0500

Chad,

I guess you will have to either buy more Integrators or extend your existing
modbus network to accomodate the new data you wish to integrate - anybody
out there been through that recently (I have that problem now)?

When I look at my existing MG30s and AB30s I count FOUR ports on top (on the
"elevator").  Why are some of you saying ther are TWO ports?

We think this limitation is dumb, since a COMM processor can talk to
different printers or terminals on its four different ports, but an
Integrator cannot do the same thing with multiple PLCs using its different
ports.

As I said, I like the idea of the AW51-I best, with all the A-B PLCs, and
the AW, plugged into one ethernet hub.

Bob Driscoll
Bravo Northwest Power Systems