Re: [foxboro] Extended Modbus Registers into I/A

  • From: "Rick Mol" <rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:30:24 -0400

Mark,

The response I received from TAC was the FBM224 used with the CP60 has the =
same limitation. It will only read the 5 digit register addresses. =20

Rick

>>> Mark.Blunier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4/26/2006 1:19:04 PM >>>
> [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rick Mol
>=3D20
> We have an application where data from a Carrier chiller needs to be =3D
=3D3D
> brought into the I/A via a Micro I/A.  The problem is that,=3D20
> per TAC, the =3D3D
> Micro I/A will not read the extended Modbus registers (6=3D20
> digit) 300000 to =3D3D
> 399999.  It only reads 5 digit registers (ex. 30000 to 39999).   The =3D
=3D3D
> chiller only supplies register addresses in the extended range.
>=3D20
> The FBM224 has the same limitation.  The FBM 230 will support=3D20
> extended =3D3D
> registers, but requires the 270 series controller.

In B0400FK - Rev C, Page 79 it states
 "The address field in the Modbus protocol is two bytes, restricting
address to the range 0 to 65535 (1 to 65536 when 1-bases).  The
configurator enforces this limitation..."

It does not indicate that a the limitation is different for the CP60.
If this is the case, the manuals are VERY misleading.  Can someone
from Foxboro verify if extended addresses will work for the CP60?

Mark
=20
=20
=20