Re: [foxboro] Control Blocks missing in ICC Configuration

  • From: "Schouten, Frits JF" <Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:37:18 +1000

Why is Foxboro not giving these tools out as a matter of course?
Is there some protectionism going on here or what.

There are plenty of sites with Foxboro equipment that employ engineers with
more that half a brain, you know!!

Cheers,
Frits.

                                       Date:  Oct 31, 2001

Subject:  Fixing Control database mismatches (Missing control blocks)
Source:   Personal experience

PROBLEM:
Some Control Blocks are running in the CP, show in Select, but not in I=
CC.
Case 1:  CSA host is different from CP's host.
Case 2:  CSA host is the same station that hosts the CP.

The official solution to this problem is to Initialize-Reboot-Loadall,
to have all control databases in sync again, but sometimes you can not
afford to reboot the CP. This procedure will allow you to rebuild those=

missing blocks. (I have not tried to fix whole compounds).

CAUTION: If the blocks to be "fixed" are control blocks (AOUT, PID, etc=
)
take the required measures to manually operate those valves!  During th=
ese
procedure those blocks will be removed from the CP temporarily.

(To identify the CSA host and the CP's host see instructions at the end=
).

REFERENCE INFORMATION:
There are 3 databases that need to be in sync.

CSA: List of all compounds/blocks in the system.
     The files are on the CSA host.
     Initial ICC display lists compounds from CSA.

Workfile: What "ICC" looks at in "Edit Station".
     The files are on the CP's host AP/AW.
     The "Edit Station" display lists compounds from these files.

CP: Compound/Blocks running in the CP. What "Select" looks at.
    Checkpoint file saves this info.

To identify any mismatch in those 3 databases use either the check_db_s=
ync
utility or compare the results of: csa_stn_save, iccprt, getpars, dbvu
that examine CSA, ICC Workfiles, CP or Checkpoint respectively.

PROBLEM 1:
Some Control Blocks are running in the CP, show in Select, but not in I=
CC.
CSA host is DIFFERENT from CP's host.

The typical scenario:
 The hard drive of "AW0001", host of "CP0001", failed.
 The CP's host hard drive is restored from backup tapes 2 months old.
 The CSA host "AW0002", a different station, is ok.
 The CP keeps running and controlling the process.

 Now, there are 3 'ghost' blocks that show on Select but not in ICC.
 We need to edit those blocks but they don't exist in ICC.
 We can not add them back in ICC because we get a message: Block alread=
y exist.
 What can I do?

This is what happened:
 The backup tape was made when all the control databases were in sync.
 Some time later 3 more control blocks were added to COMPND101 in CP000=
1.
 The ICC (workfile) and Checkpoint files on AW0001, the CP's host,
 were modified accordingly.
 On the CSA host (AW0002): the CSA database was also updated.
 On the CP (CP0001): the 3 blocks were added and now they are running.

 When the restore was made to AW0001, the ICC workfile and Checkpoint
 did not have the 3 new blocks.

 The CSA database on AW0002 still has those 3 blocks in the database.
 The CP still has those 3 blocks running.

 Now, you can NOT add those 3 blocks with ICC because the CSA Server do=
esn't
 allow to have duplicate names.

 You can still make a checkpoint to update the checkpoint file
 (recommended, in case the CP needs to be rebooted) but you can NOT cre=
ate
 blocks in ICC from what is running on the CP.

THE SOLUTION:

Goal:  DELETE those 3 new blocks from CSA and the CP, to be able to add=

them back manually with ICC. At the end, all control databases should b=
in sync again.

PROCEDURE:

Be sure you have a list of all the parameters for those blocks.
You will need them to rebuild the blocks in ICC.
Use either Select display or dbvu to get that information.

To use dbvu make a Checkpoint first, then go to the CP's host and type:=

cd /usr/fox/sp/files
/opt/fox/bin/tools/dbvu -t -CDBcplbug.UC -MOS1CXX.map -IOS1CXX > /opt/t=
mp/cplbug.txt
Replace OS1CXX with:
OS1C30 for CP30, OS1C40 for CP40, OS1C3B for CP30B, OS1C4B for CP40B
You might need to uncompress the map file: uncompress OS1CXX.map.Z
The file /opt/tmp/cplbug.txt will have all the parameters of all blocks=
 in the CP.

A) Delete blocks from CSA:

Edit the file and delete the extra blocks,
Clear CSA db for that CP,
Add the modified ascii-file db to CSA using CSA_Merge.

Detailed Steps:

Go to the CSA Host (e.g. AW0002)

If /opt/tmp does not exist, create it: mkdir /opt/tmp

cd /opt/fox/csa

tar cvf /opt/tmp/csa_tar .  (Optional: Backup of all CSA files)

mkdir /opt/tmp/new

/usr/fox/csa/csa_stn_save CP0001 > /opt/tmp/new/CP0001
     This saves the CP0001 CSA database into ascii file CP0001

vi /opt/tmp/new/CP0001
     Delete the 3 lines for those extra 3 Blocks BLK1,2,3

cd /usr/fox/csa

sh

csa_fn reset CP0001   (prompt will return quickly)
     This will remove all CSA entries for CP0001 from master CSA db

ls -lrt /opt/fox/csa  (Optional: to check dates:
STN_INDEX.*,CMPD_INDEX.*, CP0001)

CSA_Merge /opt/tmp/new  (prompt will return after a few seconds)
     This will add the modified csa-db for CP0001 to the master CSA dat=
abase

B) Delete blocks from CP/Add blocks to ICC:

em
back. The second time the blocks will be added succesfully.

Detailed Steps:
Go to ICC, select CP0001, compound CMPND101 (the one with the extra 3
blocks)

Click on: Insert New Block, and type name: BLK1
This message will come up:
     "CMPD00X:BLK1, E40 - COMPOUND OR BLOCK ALREADY EXIST, FAILED,
      Select CONTINUE to Proceed"

Two seconds after click on CONTINUE, the block goes to Cyan (seen
from Select), and at this moment is deleted from CP Memory.

Again, click on Insert New Block and type name: BLK1
This time the command will be accepted. Continue editing parameters.

Follow the same procedure for BLK2, and BLK3.

The control databases are in sync now.

PROBLEM 2:
Some Control Blocks are running in the CP, show in Select, but not in I=
CC.
CSA host is the SAME station that hosts the CP.

If the station that hosts the CP is also the CSA Server, to fix the pro=
blem
just follow Part B of the procedure above for Problem 1.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
TO IDENTIFY THE CP HOST:

On any AP/AW type:  grep CPLBUG /usr/fox/sp/sldb
The CP host is the second word of the result.

Example:
   4APB01# grep 4CP3B1 /usr/fox/sp/sldb
   4CP3B1  4APB01  4APB01  SYMN4A
    ^^^      ^^
    CP    CP_Host

TO IDENTIFY THE CSA HOST:

On any AP/AW type:  grep ACSA /usr/fox/sp/IIF.pkg
The CSA host is the first word of the result.

Example:
    3AWE01# grep ACSA /usr/fox/sp/IIF.pkg
    4APB01 4APB01 4APB01 ACSA6  AP51   NOTYET e295 00 00 0000 00000
     ^^^
   CSA_Host

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

                                HH980

From: "Control y Automatizacion (Rodolfo Piedra)" <rpiedra@xxxxxxxxxxx>=
 on
04/10/2003 10:24 AM GMT
                                                                       =
    =20
            "Control y           To:   foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           =
    =20
        Automatizacion           Cc:    (bcc: Eric Pedersen-EM/PGI)    =
    =20
     (Rodolfo Piedra)"   Subject:      [foxboro] Control Blocks missing=
 in =20
 <rpiedra@xxxxxxxxxxx>        ICC Configuration                        =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
   04/10/2003 03:24 AM                                                 =
    =20
     Please respond to                                                 =
    =20
 foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20

=

We are experiencing a problem in one of our CP where some new blocks ar=
actually running and showed in FoxSelect but they are not present in th=
e ICC
configuration.

We can not delete them, because they are running OK, but need to back u=
properly because we feel they will be lost if we reboot the CP.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo Piedra
Control y Automatizaci=F3n SA

Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company). Use the info you obtain here at=

your own risks. Read http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html=

in
to unsubscribe:      mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dlea=
ve

=

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is
the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the
message.