Re: [foxboro] Configure objects in FoxDraw

  • From: Jim Aster <jima@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 18:45:07 +0000

Tim,

I disabled all of the monitors except for the primary and unfortunately there
has been no change, the 'Configure Objects' box still does not populate.
Something else we did notice is that under Options / Configure Servers we get a
popup that states "Unable to Invoke Configure Servers Tool", however this
function just fine on the station next to it.

The plot thickens!!  Thanks,

Jim Aster - Sr. Systems Engineer
mailto:JimA@xxxxxxxxxxx
Western States Controls

#2. I'd first verify that all 15  PID's referenced do exist on the workstations
being referenced (some may be  other CP's).  Then, if you'd like to check for
errors in any of the  lists, I use a script to dump out all of the om objects
in a list.  It  only does one list at time.  I have two files for
it:
a. Enter the following bunch of lines in a text file and change  the second
line (opvr 001) to include the 3-digit list number, which ensures  you get the
max list entries:
opdb
opvr 001
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 1
s 2
s 3
s 4
s  5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
m  opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s 1
s 2
s 3
s  4
s 5
s 6
m opvr
m opvr
m opvr
s 0
s  1
s 2

b. Enter the  following line in another .ksh file, where opvr_SOM_IN_001.txt is
the filename  from "a" above and opvr_SOM_OUT_001.txt is any output file  name:
/opt/fox/bin/tools/som -i opvr_SOM_IN_001.txt -t opvr_SOM_OUT_001.txt
>/dev/null

The output should have all points with a status of  SCANNING.  Something else
(NOT CONNECTED, I think) would indicate an  error.  There's also a delta field
included for each point in the  list.  Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Philip Pulas
Lead Engineer,  Process Systems
Tesoro Golden Eagle  Refinery

________________________________
Lawter Notice: The  information (including any attachments) contained in this
communication is  confidential, private and proprietary, may be privileged or
otherwise  protected by applicable law or legal rule, and is intended only for
the use of  the addressee(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
copying is  strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail,
or by calling the sender, and then delete it completely from your  system.

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys Limited, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please select the Legal Entities link at invensys.com.
Invensys Limited is owned by the Schneider-Electric Group.

You may contact Invensys Limited on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
reception@xxxxxxxxxxxx. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).