Re: [foxboro] Backig up AIM Historian configuration

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:40:51 -0400

The /opt/fox/hstorian   is definitely not related at all to AIM Historian.
These tools are related to the legacy (Informix based) Foxboro historian.

The AIM tools are in /opt/aim/bin (+ sub-directories)

That being said, they do share some of the same system files.  But you really
need to know if you are running AIM or Legacy Historian.  The saveh50 will save
the legacy configuration but will not save AIM Historian.

Depending on the version of AIM that you are running, you can open a Graphical
configurator. My recollection is that this GUI has been available for about
three years, but I cannot recall which version of AIM it came with. Start
looking in /opt/aim/bin (and sub-directories) for the tools.  Run apitst, then
exit (-1) and it should display your AIM version so at least you will know what
you have.

Terry