Re: [foxboro] AW70 used as OPC Server (showing failed and no OPC communication)

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 07:29:54 -0400

Check that the Foxboro application is running. Go to Control Panel,
select the Fox icon and make sure that I/A is enabled. If not, enable it
and reboot. When the I/A application is running, Sysmon will show it
(assuming that you loaded the AW70 using the same commit disk that
loaded the AW51 and that the AW70 is monitored by the AW51 in sysdef).

If you don't have a Foxview icon, you haven't loaded Foxview. Install
Foxview from the CD. You don't need Foxview to use the AW as an OPC
server. I've used it for diagnostic purposes on an OPC server and then
uninstalled it once the project was complete.

Next make sure that AIM*API is running. You need at least API for data.
Run the API test program to see if you can get data values.

Once you have API running, you can start OPC server (and deal with all
those domain and DCOM issues).

Best Regards,
Ken Heywood
Process Control Services, Inc.