Re: [foxboro] AB30 TO FBM231

  • From: "Bill Walters" <bwalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 12:30:27 -0600

Ricky - I am facing the same issue where we used the AB30 gateway and =
will be
using the FBM230.

I have had to use the FBM224 for MODBUS in applications where I had used =
the
MODBUS Integrator 30.  Very similar to the FBM 230 issue.  Except the =
FBM230
series needs drivers installed before it knows it is supposed to talk to =
DH+
device and not MODBUS or something else.

In answer to your question.  Yes, you will have a lot of new =
configuration
ahead of you.  PAKIN's, PAKOUT, IIN, IOUT etc.  There will be some
configuration files instead of MDSCAN.

But there is some good news too.  There appears to be better diagnostic
capability with the new foreign device interfaces.  And they reside in =
the
I/O cabinet.... closer to the foreign device.=20

Bill Walters
Chief Engineer
Sinclair Wyoming Refining Company