[foxboro] P2P links locked

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:37:45 +0200

Hi list,
Lately we experienced some problems with P2P links where the target in one
peer is not responding anymore to changes on the source in the other peer.
(CP270 on 8.4.2)
ie
Source CP6001: VACUUM_R:R1_V_062PVO.OUT ---> target CP6003 VACUUM:
LOCK_VACP2.RI0001 (value did not change)
and
CP6001:R04:P_MODULE_NEW.BO0005 --> CP6003 VACUUM:VACUUM_ASK.BI04 ( BI04
remained true, when it was actually false in the source)

We tried everything to get these links "unlocked" except an initialize all
(delete & undelete + checkpointing, deleting both blocks and rebuilding
them + checkpointing , reading the source tag in other block in
CP6003....) nothing worked

Because i couldn't do an initialize all, which solves the problem
according to Invensys, I changed the seq to use another Boolean out
(BO0011 in stead of BO0005) and used the MEAS in stead of OUT for the Aout

We'll probably do an initialize all in the next shutdown

My question to the list is following:

Does anyone have some sort of script we can run to detect similar "locked"
P2P links? I've been checking with Rsom, but this is very tedious
(checking line per line manually of every list refering to the CP for
errors). dbvu did not reveal any errors.
Now we were taken by surprise, there's nothing in the I/A system that
checks these things and offers alarming possibilities.... our interlock
valve handling was compromised because the data it used was not updated. I
would like to prevent his in future.

Thanks & rgds,

Dirk